Sunday, February 17, 2008

I just don't get it!!!

Have any of you ever been out at a restaurant with a group of friends and the waiter or waitress ignores you? I don't understand this! Is it because we look young? which I think it is because when I am with my parents or any of my co-workers that are older I never get treated that way. Which I don't get because my money is just as good as a person that is 40 or older. Which brings up another point I just love it when it is almost the end of the meal and the waiter/waitress is all of a sudden very nice to you because they want a good tip! I don't understand people!

1 comment:

Carleen said...

Like most people, servers sometimes make hasty judgments about their customers. I've been in restaurants where tables with families that have small kids get served super fast probably because the servers want to get rid of the kids before they disturb other customers. I've seen tables with young people go completely ignored for long periods of time while other tables are served.

A group of my girlfriends and I go out for dinner together every other month. We're quite a diverse group: one Egyptian OB/GYN who dresses like I do, one Lebanese accountant who also dresses like I do, one all American Catholic English professor, one much older American lady whose husband is an Orthodox priest, and me. We have learned to choose our eateries very carefully because of the treatment we have received from servers at some of the chain restaurants.